Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Beginning

I am going to begin this blog with our story. My DH and I met were married almost 4 years ago. We met on a little website called Myspace. I know, I know, it's kind of wierd. BUT we have made it this long. :) We weren't using any precautions in the beginning to stop us from having children, we figured if it happens it happens, if it don't it don't. Last year, after not having conceived yet, I went to a doctor that a friend of mine recommended. He did some blood work on me, and an SA on DH. My blood work came back just fine, DH on the other hand came back different. This doctor, let me tell ya! It took two weeks to get the results of DH's SA. I had to call them! Anyway, they read the results and all they said was this, "Yes, we have the results. His sperm count is low. There are some things that can be done to raise it. Would you like to make another appointment to discuss those options?" I told them no. That I wanted another opinion. Well, it took me a year to find the right doctor. Someone I could trust. Someone who had feelings. I finally found him! He's been in this same position himself, and this is his specialty, not just something he does on the side. Anywho, we set up to do an IUI. He gave me the scripts for some IF drugs and told me to call on D1 of my cycle. My cycle is supposed to start tomorrow, which meant that IUI would be done before the end of the month. WAIT! I got a phone call on Tuesday from new doc that DH SA file was finally faxed to them. It's not LOW, it's "0". Non-existant. Nada. Zip.

So, that is where we are at right now. DH won't hardly talk to me. New doc wants to do another SA. DH has agreed, but has informed me that if the results come back the same as the first one that he wants me to divorce him so that I can find a husband that can provide me with children naturally. He is totally opposed to DS, as am I. It just seems too wierd, koodos to those of you who have done or will do it though.

I'm at a loss. Not sure where to go from here. Or how to get DH to talk to me or realize that I"M NOT GOING ANYWHERE! I keep telling him how much I love him and that he's stuck with me till death do us part.

This blog will be my rambling spot. My way out. My brain relaxer. :) Please feel free to chime in with anything you would like.

1 comment:

  1. Finally found you. Your situation reminds me of my own. I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I know I responded to you on Inspire, but I want you to know that there are others in your situation.
    The realization of Azoospermia and the IF journey that follows is confusing, exhausting, and hard to explain to those that are not in tune with infertility. My hubby has said several times that it would have been nice if there were other males to talk to. Unfortunately, there are so few males out there that openly talk about this not so common fertility issue.
    Good news - there may be a mechanical error to your hubby's azoo. I know your on the hunt for more information. Get a good urologist that specializes in male infertility. Our urologist said that often times Azoo is easier to fix than crappy sperm counts.
    And give your hubby time to grieve his loss. Support him and give him some space. We talked openly from the beginning of our struggles and it has seemed to be the key to us realizing that we are in this together.
    My husband is also apposed to donor sperm. It was a hell no from the get-go. It makes our options of conceiving a child much more expensive. As of now, there is no indicator that he produces sperm. Hopefully now that this testicle is out we can begin to see things turn around. Most likely, it's not going to happen. We have discussed donor embryos and adoption. We know they both cost more money than we have right now.
    I don't want to bombard your head with all of these things. It's just to let you know that as you learn more you plan more.
    If I can be a support in anyway let me know.

    ReplyDelete